Mission and values
The Hub's mission is to support the international development sector in Wales through partnership, sharing and learning.
We have four ambitions:
|Be the go-to place for international development organisations in Wales...||...because we share information on how to connect to current activity in the sector including training, resources, events, the Summit, funding opportunities, vacancies, and campaigns and policy.|
|Support collaboration and partnership within the sector...||...through networking and developing opportunities (dialogue days & events plus campaigns and ESDGC co-working) for joint working and links between NGOs at community, national and international level.|
|Work to enhance the Welsh contribution...||...through funding seminars (DfID, Comic Relief, BIG), training, and access to toolkits on organisational effectiveness and impact which enhance the capacity of the organisations we work with.|
|Facilitate dialogue representing the interests of Welsh organisations at a national and UK level...||...through providing opportunities for and making connections with key players including DfID, NIDOS, BOND, BIG, Comic Relief, CADA NI, Stakeholder Forum and the Welsh Government.|
The Hub is a value-led organisation. Our values are adapted from Bond’s Development Effectiveness principles, and include;
- Voice and Inclusion: giving everyone an opportunity to participate, and valuing their contributions,
- Appropriateness: ensuring any actions taken ethically contribute towards our aims and objectives,
- Partnership: working with others on the basis of equality and avoiding duplication,
- Transparency and accountability: providing relevant, timely and accessible information and being answerable for what we do,
- Evidence based: our actions are based on sound evidence from a range of sources.
Updated July 30, 2014