The Welsh Centre for International Affairs' vision is that everyone in Wales contributes to creating a fair and peaceful world. To achieve this, our mission is to inspire learning and action on global issues.
The WCIA pursues its mission by way of the following organisational aims:
- To raise awareness of global issues among the people of Wales.
- To help people, especially young people, develop the skills they need to understand and confront these issues.
- To act as a forum for individuals and organisations in Wales to exchange ideas, build partnerships, and work towards common goals in line with the WCIA's values.
The WCIA believes:
- That everyone has a contribution to make through active global citizenship
- In the principles of human rights, international law, peace, tolerance and international cooperation promoted by the United Nations
- In the power of education, positive engagement and dialogue between individuals and organisations as means to work towards those principles
- That sustainability is a vital part of all efforts to ensure a safer and more secure world for future generations
- In the importance of fair treatment of individuals, transparency and accountability in all its affairs